UPDATE (7th of August 2015) – I’ve used the application a bit more and I’ve came up with 3 extra ideas.
8. Can’t continue broadcasting
Losing internet connection, getting a call, forgetting to enable chat, falling down all the reasons for possible broadcast interruptions.
Enable a “pause” option or an ability to continue a broadcast under the same name / settings.
9. Implement view history option on Periscope and help create Periscope stars
On many occasions I had the application freeze on me or I would simply by mistake press the back button two times…and I would loose touch with the person that did the broadcast (and meanwhile the broadcast ended).
This is the key step on creating popular Periscopers – knowing how to find them.
10. Move from mobile to desktop. What? this is 2015 you say…well…
If you think about it periscope is the best screen cast platform – with it’s close ties to Twitter it could dominate in the screen cast world.
Sharing screen casts would be super easy – and you would get access to new market of tutorial makers / screen-casters
Desktop version will give me an ability to cut the image feed for a couple of sec, or censor a part of my screen when typing in sensitive information…
Just imagine Khan academy’s sketches live…with live questions!
1. Promote periscope by having a weather balloon launch and mobile phone with a periscope running on it, have a top Formula 1 driver ride with it while test driving. (Remember Red Bull Stratos?)
2. Give me a look at periscopes near me, maybe I would like to follow someone how’s decided that their profile is public?
3. Give me a option to broadcast on both cameras
4. Global list is awesome – how about a local list (you can modify the range something like tinder). (Take a look at #2)
5. Give us a look into at a celebrity point of view. For example I challenge you to find a celebrity that will give me live feed of a NBA? game – It will be like I’m having floor tickets to a really cool game.
6. Give me a option to try out my broadcast in a offline mode ( just to test things out)
7. Tell me if the quality of my video won’t be good enough during this period (bad connection…etc.)
Hope I helped you guys out!